Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Inspired by a rat?

I am quite often asked where the inspiration for my artwork comes from. I am inspired by so many things. The inspiration doesn't always manifest itself in a painting, however. Have you seen the movie Ratatouille? We watched it Saturday evening. It is quite clever. For those who haven't seen it, I won't spoil it for you. I will tell you that it is about a rat who dreams of becoming a chef. I spent the better part of Sunday cooking up a storm. I cooked a huge batch of pasta sauce, chicken soup, lentil soup and roasted some chicken as well. All of it went into the freezer in dinner-sized containers. Of course the Corgis never left the kitchen and every now and then I'd see a little nose raised to sniff and eyes peeled for any morsel that might drop to the floor. Even my daughter decided to bake a cake at around 9 PM that evening! With the holidays around the corner I have so much painting/orders/gift making/baking/decorating that I love to do. I can only order take-out so many times before feeling like a slug. There are nights when I'm so tired that I would gladly have a bowl of cheerios and hit the hay. What a gift it is to be able to pull something delicious out of the freezer. Even if you don't do a marathon cooking day, if you double a receipt (a Tasha Tudor term for recipe!) to freeze every now and then, it really helps on those busy days! Try it! -CS ^..^

No comments:

Post a Comment