Friday, January 11, 2008

The good, the bad, and the ugly...

About 3 days ago I noticed one of our Corgis, Amy was having a little trouble walking. Her rear seemed a bit weak to me. As the day progressed, I noticed that she was coming up lame on her left front paw. In true Corgi style, however, she did not lose her appetite. Amy is a regular jumping bean, so I wondered if she had perhaps hurt herself flying (not a misprint, she believes she can fly) over something outside. Actually, I was hoping it was something like that rather than a tick-borne disease. In spite of using tick prevention, we still have wicked ticks here and we do obsessive tick checks. I brought her to the vet. Her blood test came back positive for Lyme Disease. Sigh. Sigh again. I really despise ticks. Just one day on the medication and I see an improvement and I am thankful that we caught it early. We are researching getting some guinea fowl. I understand they really eat up the ticks and mosquitoes. Anyone out there have any luck with these birds? They look like miniature buzzards to me. Cute in a weird sort of way...


Be right back, I'm brewing a pot of tea....

OK, I'm back.

My daughter just turned on the shower. After a minute or two in the steamy room, she called me in, "uh...Mom...?" "Yes?" "did you write this?" "Write what?" My husband left me a 'secret' message on the bathroom mirror this morning. J.S. + C.S. in a heart. Believe me, after almost 25 years of marriage, we've been through it all. The good, the bad and the ugly. I guess what keeps it going is more good than bad and ugly :) I love you, Johnny.



Wishing you all a weekend filled with happy surprises and all good things! -CS ^..^

No comments:

Post a Comment