Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It is raining Cats and Corgis outside...

Good morning my lovelies. I'm back from a weekend of dog shows, the Thanksgiving cluster in W. Springfield, MA held at the Big E. It is usually held the day after Thanksgiving, but for some reason it was the week before which is fine with me. It was less hectic than trying to get it together right after the holiday. Well, it should have been. Mary Elizabeth and I tried to leave 'early' on Thursday, but she had electric problems and I had plumbing problems so we left just in time to hit rush hour. Neither of us had breakfast or lunch. Half-way there we realized how hungry we were but didn't want to stop till we got there. Luckily I had two candy canes in my tack box which we dubbed 'hors d'oeurves.' What a cold weekend in Massachusetts! Saturday night was Mayflower Corgi Club's Christmas dinner and meeting. Dinner was held at the very nice historic Storrowton Tavern and Carriage House. It was so cold that we went in the first door we saw nearest the parking area. We found a few friends who had done the same and were warming themselves by the fire. This warm coziness was short-lived however because we soon realized we were in the wrong building and had to go outside to get to the right one.

The nice thing about having our meeting at Storrowton is that it is right on the grounds of the Exhibition center and if anyone is still running in agility, they can hop right over to the restaurant when they are through. Mary Elizabeth had Feisty, her Border Collie entered and also had to stay in the agility building for a meeting of the newly formed Nutmeg Border Collie Club. I brought some stitching with me to do while they blathered on. None of our dogs did too well this weekend. Knocked bars, missed weaves, 1st, 2nd and 3rd placements in conformation (no points) but it was still fun to see friends before the holidays. When I got home, the Mister was cooking dinner and the house was clean (thank you, kids!) Today it is pouring rain. I think I will bake something and start looking for our Christmas decorations. What are you up to today? -CS ^..^

No comments:

Post a Comment