Monday, July 16, 2012

Chasing Welsh Dragons

We embarked on an adventurously short trip last week combining outdoor pursuits, some much needed peace, tranquility and a little dragon hunting in the mountains and valleys of Wales.

Lake Vyrnwy, no internet connection, no moblie phone signals, no texts, nobody knew we were here, the only sounds were distant birdsong amid the rumble of incoming clouds. The magical fairytale view from Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa I had seen online only days before and I knew instantly that it was where I needed to be, just for few days to shake off my urban alien and get in touch with a more bucolic being.......but there were no dragons here!
Click to Enlarge



I can't stay still for too long, mind relaxed and chakras realigned I was ready to face some action. With Snowdonia National Park just around some incredibly ginormous bends, we squeezed our way through the green capillaries of welsh country lanes with barely enough room either side of the road for randomly-roaming, long-tailed sheep to pass whilst making their perilous ascents.....but there were no dragons here!






Wild weather moved in, billowing clouds quickly consuming summits to satisfy their mountainous appetites. Up Mount Snowdon, briefly touching the summit before racing down past thundering waterfalls, roaring waterways and desolate hillsides.......but there were no dragons here!



  

I did stop to share my lunch for a while with this delightful chap to whom I explained my quest and he pointed me in the right direction.........there were no dragons here!

  

We followed rivers which tumbled dramatically into the sea......





As the sun went down we came to the conclusion that on this particular day, in this beautiful corner of magical Wales.........

www.magicalchristmaswreaths.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment